The journal of optical communications R&D is the journal for all scientists working in optical communications. Journal of optical communications R&D was an international publication covering all fields of optical communications with guided waves. It is the aim of the journal to serve all scientists engaged in optical communications as a comprehensive journal tailored to their needs and as a forum for their publications. The journal focuses on the main fields in optical communications:
- Fibers: Theory of single-/ multimode step-/ graded-index fibers; theory of properties (dispersion, attenuation, etc.); manufacturing; materials; splicing and coupling; experimental results and measurements of parameters (attenuation, bandwidth, profile, mode- mixing, strength, etc.)
- Cables: Production methods; construction; measurements and results on test links; theory on influence of cabling to fibers; splicing and coupling; economic aspects; undersea-cables
- Sources: Technology of ternary and quaternary III-V compounds for LED and laser; theory; material research; measurements on behaviour and life-span; new experimental methods; coupling to fibers; new structures
- Detectors: Technology of all kind of detectors; new devices and structures; theory (especially on noise, multiplication and bandwidth); test procedures; experimental results; coupling with fibers
Measurements and standards: Problem of standards for measurements and data sheets; investigation of test procedures; system standardization of elements (i.e. dimensions)
- Systems: Theory of system configuration, modulation methods (digital, multilevel, analogue); comparison between different systems; influence of elements on system behaviour; reports on test links; system properties (theoretical/experimental); system description and measurements
- Applications: Long distance links; high-bit-rate communication; databus-systems; CATV; special applications
- Integrated optics: Theory and experiments of integrated optical wave-guides (monomode, multimode) concerning optical communications/ as couplers, distributors, exchange elements, splitters, unidirectional elements; new technologies; materials (i.e. dielectrics, semiconductors); measurement-techniques; new devices
JRSD Applications publishes carefully refereed research, review and survey papers which offer a significant contribution to the computer science literature, and which are of interest to a wide audience. Coverage extends to all main-stream branches of computer science and related applications.
JRSD is accepting submissions. You may submit your research/review/survey results as per the following.
Important Dates: Volume 1 No. 1, February 2016Paper Submission Due: February 10, 2016